Close this search box.

Time For Some Plant Love


I have a few plants that could use a different pot, so I test printed a small low poly planter that I liked. I printed out my first one at 100% scale, but it is only big enough for a small plant, so succulent.

I ended up scaling the file to 200% which was about the max my printer could print, and started the 3 day print.

25% of the way through I realized that I did not have enough White PLA to finish this print.

So I decided to see if I could pause the print and swap out to a different spool of Black PLA.

Finished 2 Color Planter

The print ended up finishing, and there were no major issues besides a tiny section of the infill missing between the white and black layers. But that can be fixed with some glue.


Print Files – https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2999036

White Filament – HATCHBOX PLA 3D Printer Filament, Dimensional Accuracy +/- 0.03 mm, 1 kg Spool, 1.75 mm, White

Black Filament – DURAMIC 3D Premium PLA Plus Printer Filament 1.75mm, 3D Printing Filament with Build Surface 200 x 200mm, 1kg Spool(2.2lbs), Dimensional Accuracy +/- 0.05 mm, Black

3D Printer – Comgrow Creality Ender 3 3D Printer Aluminum DIY with Resume Print 220x220x250mm

Share this Post:
Scroll to Top